News

February 13, 2024

Powerball Jackpot Reaches $270 Million: Claim Your Prize and Become a Multimillionaire!

Clara Williams
Written byClara WilliamsWriter
Researched byAishwarya NairResearcher

Introduction

The Powerball jackpot for February 12 is estimated to be $270 million, with a cash option of $130.4 million. This massive jackpot has been steadily growing over the past six weeks, starting at $20 million after a New Year's Day win. The jackpot has rolled over multiple times since then, reaching its current amount.

Powerball Jackpot Reaches $270 Million: Claim Your Prize and Become a Multimillionaire!

Recent Drawings

In the most recent drawing on February 10, no one matched all five numbers plus the Powerball. As a result, the jackpot climbed closer to $300 million for the upcoming drawing on February 12. The winning numbers for the February 10 drawing were 17-36-43-53-67, with a Powerball number of 14 and a Power Play of 2x.

Secondary Winners

While the jackpot has been rolling over, there have been some secondary winners from Florida. In the January 20 drawing, a ticket purchased from Publix in Hialeah matched 5 numbers and won a $1 million prize. Additionally, there were two secondary winners in Florida who matched five numbers plus the Power Play to win $2 million and matched five numbers to win $1 million.

Claiming Prizes

Prizes for the Florida Lottery must be claimed within 180 days from the date of the drawing. Winners have 60 days to claim the cash option. After the applicable time period has elapsed, the ticket will expire. Unclaimed prize money is distributed according to state law, with 80% going to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund and the remaining 20% returning to the prize pool for future drawings.

Odds of Winning

The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million. However, players have a 1 in 24.9 chance of winning a prize. These odds remain the same regardless of the jackpot amount, whether it is $20 million or $1 billion.

Conclusion

With the Powerball jackpot reaching $270 million, there is a chance for someone to become a multimillionaire overnight. If you have a ticket, make sure to check the winning numbers and claim your prize within the specified time period. Good luck!

About the author
Clara Williams
Clara Williams
About

Clara "LottoLore" Williams, a Kiwi with a zest for numbers and narratives, dives deep into the thrilling world of lotteries. As a leading writer for LottoRank, her pieces resonate with enthusiasts, offering a harmonious blend of data, history, and human interest.

Send mail
More posts by Clara Williams

Latest news

Mega Millions Winning Numbers for Tuesday, April 9: Check Your Tickets for $97M Jackpot
2024-04-10

Mega Millions Winning Numbers for Tuesday, April 9: Check Your Tickets for $97M Jackpot

News